Friday, January 21, 2011

Ragg quilt


Ragg quilt
Originally uploaded by marie watterlond
I made two just like this. Actually this is the "back" side of the quilt--raggs typically get snipped and then washed and dried several times to fluff up the fringes, hence "rag" quilt. Because each block is two pieces of fabric with batting in between, and the seams are over an inch wide, it doesn't lay flat at this stage.

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment--after I get my house, myself, and my cats thoroughly covered in threads and lint during the snipping process. Still not quite sure if I want to wash and dry them at home, or in a commercial washer.

I do have to say I'm rather pleased with the layout of these blocks, considering what I had to work with in the way of colors and patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment